Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Gleeson’s. Caring for our guests and team members has always been central to our philosophy and core values and as a result we want your stay to be as enjoyable and comfortable as possible, despite the ongoing Covid-19 situation.
One of our highest priorities is the health and safety of our guests and staff. We have re-examined all of our work practices to put a robust system in place to ensure ongoing high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are adhered to during your stay with us. Our new programme guarantees exceptional hygiene standards and appropriate social distancing throughout our entire property with all our staff fully trained in the new practices. Gleesons have signed up to the Fáilte Ireland COVID-19 Safety Charter.
We work closely with the Food safety company who helped us put all our Covid policies and procedures in place before re opening. They also carried out all the training required by all our staff members. We continue to closely monitor advice and directives from the Irish Government, HSE and WHO (World Health Organisation).
We would like to share some of the many actions we are taking around the hotel, to enhance the safety of your visit with us.
Manse Restaurant & Café:
- A one-way entrance and exit system in now place.
- Everyone must stop at reception and sign in for contact tracing form before being shown to your table.
- Tables have been further separated to maintain social distancing.
- We have Handle Hygiene on the entrance doors and bathroom which sanitizes the door every time it closes.
- All staff members have a face covering on.
- Table service only.
- Enhanced Hygiene Practices have adopted and implemented as follows:
– Increased frequency of stringent cleaning methods in public areas including lobbies, door handles, public bathrooms, and high-touch points in guest rooms
– Utilising the cleaning products and protocols which are the most effective against viruses
– Continued review of food and beverage services, in accordance with current food safety recommendations
- Your room has been completely cleaned and sanitised before your visit.
- We have removed some higher risk items like tea/coffee making facilities, pens, paper and in-room folders (if you require anything that isn’t in your room, please ask our reception team)
- Only one staff member enters each bedroom for cleaning, wearing a new set of PPE to reduce risk of cross contamination.
- We carry out extra disinfecting of high touch areas such as light switches, door handles, TV remote, toilet flush handle, taps, telephone etc.
- When guests leave, we remove and clean all portable items (even if unused) including bed linen, towels, bathmats and shower curtains as well as glasses, coasters etc.
- The room is deep cleaned, including washing down all tiles and grouting as well as hoovering and washing all floors.
- We do ask you to book in for your breakfast and dinner if required.
Everyone needs to pull together as a community to control Covid-19 and we request your co-operation to ensure everyone stays safe. We ask you to:
- Wash your hands regularly and use the sanitising stations provided
- Pre-book your meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Observe social distancing with other guests and staff
- Continue to follow the recommendations of the HSE as advised by the Government
If any guests fail to co-operate with these requests we will have no option but to ask them to leave, in the interests of public health. This is for your safety as well as that of other guests and our staff team.
Please ask one of our reception team if you would like to discuss any of the above. We want to do everything we can to make sure you have an enjoyable and safe stay with us. We appreciate your business.